This weeks roundup again shows the growing trend in mobile technology and web trends. Our first article talks about Subways new way to order and then we move into a few trends in point of purchase advertising. As a small retailer you are always looking for new ideas to promote your establishment to the local community. Our third feature this week introduces Promotion through local shows and events. This leads into the top highlights form the National Retail Federation convention and ending the roundup is the latest technology that small retail businesses need to be learning about.
1. Subway sees promises in text ordering – Subway is now using Zingle, a text-message ordering solution to allow their customers to text a to-go order. They process makes it easy for the employees at Subway to receive orders, it has increased order correctiveness and time in delivering the order to the customer. This eliminated the need to hold on the line for someone to write down your order and possibly make a mistake. A new great way to get a quick lunch.
2. Point-of-Purchase Advertising Trends – There is an increasing need for innovative media, techniques and materials for POP advertising. This article goes into some findings that reveal information about various point of purchase advertising trends.
3. Promoting Your Store Through Local Shows – Since local shows are open to the local community it’s a great place to showcase your business. The Retail Specialty Expert lays out a few tips on how to use local shows for promoting your small retail business.
4. NRF 2010: Highlights from the show floor – The end of the 99th annual NRF convention is here and so is the Retail Customer Experience to show you the top highlights from the Expo. These are simply amazing technologies and ideas that should be learned about to gain that competitive edge.
5. The Right Technology Can Take Your Business to the Next Level – Again you need to stay up on the latest technology that could be benefiting your retail business. This article goes into some specific numbers that will have you thinking differently about how you interact with your customers and run your business as a whole. A very informative and knowledgeable article.