The release of TranZfinity’s new mobile point of sale solution is the first review on our roundup this week. It’s important to education yourself on new POS technology in order to be successful when making decisions for your business. We then go into a few ways that social media can help your small retail business which is a must read to be prepared for the Holiday shopping season. The peak-end rule is an interesting concept for transforming your customer service it’s definitely an eye-opening article. We end the roundup this week with two features on Holiday sales but from different spectrums. How the flu may affect sales and some tips for increasing your sales this season.
1. TranZfinity Launches New Mobile POS Solution for Global Markets – The new mobile point of sale solution is called Myztro. The concept is using an existing mobile with Myztro and a secure mobile POS application you can move freely and perform secure POS transactions from anywhere. At this time it only supports pre paid cards but will eventually support other payment options.
2. Social Media and Your Business – A few simple ways that you can start gaining a web presence for your small retail business. The article gives a short background on why you need this and suggestions to get started.
3. The ‘peak-end’ rule: Can it transform your customer experience? – This was by far the most interesting piece I read this week. I had never heard of the peak-end rule so it immediately sparked my attention. As I was reading it all made sense to me and it was very easy to see myself in that situation as a consumer making it an important article for all small business owners to read.
By “peak” we’re not just talking about the most enjoyable or positive moment or aspect of the experience; peak in this case refers to the moment that is either the most positive or negative.
4. Study: H1N1 flu could have a big impact on holiday retail – The thought never crossed my mind but when I read the headline it makes total sense. This is something that could have a huge impact on the small retailer during the Holiday shopping season. That’s why it will be so imperative that you establish an online presence with your business. A TIP from me to you (as a consumer): Maybe you could give out free samples of hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes. :-)
5. Brighter Outlook for Holiday Retail – On a lighter note the Specialty Retail Expert gives a more positive outlook on the Holiday retail season. Plus she adds five suggestions for increasing sales during the shopping season.