The holidays are fast approaching which hopefully means a busy season for small retailers. This weeks roundup with present you with information to survive the holiday season creating profits for your retail shop. Read about the available point of sale merchant solutions, money saving tips, holiday inventory financing, some great PR tips for any small retail business and how to start a small business that will succeed.
1. Merchant Solutions Available in the Market Today – In order to thrive in today’s business market small retailers need to be educated on the available POS or point of sale merchant solutions. In another helpful article by Amy Nutt she outlines the solutions presented by the current point of sale market. Including online merchant POS software that’s becoming increasing popular due to the growth of internet users. The author outlines each of the following: an online merchant account, or a basic credit card and bank card PAD, a full service point-of-sale (POS) terminal that will meet any small retailers need.
2. 10 Money and Time-Saving Tips for Small Business – Short 10 tips for any business most importantly small retailers that could help you at home as well. These are very practical but unique things like grouping similar tasks and do them in batch.
3. The Struggle to Find Inventory Financing for the Holidays – The season most small retailers depend on is approaching quickly and inventory will be the most important. The article gives an example of what is happening along with helpful information from some experts in the financing field on determining the amount of inventory you will need.
4. PR Equals Great Exposure for Your Store – The Specialty Retail Expert lays out 5 tips for getting press coverage in your local newspaper or regional city magazine. Editorial coverage could be very beneficial to gain new customers by putting your small business in the spotlight.
5. The Aspiring Merchant’s Guide to Launching a Small Retail Shop – The author caught my attention right away with this statement:
Some of these would-be merchants have been recently laid off from their corporate jobs and are looking for an opportunity to carve their own path. Others are simply ready for a change in the way they earn their living…This article will provide a high-level blueprint for not only surviving in your market, but also thriving among your competitors.
If you’re just starting in the retail industry this is a must read article.