Our first feature this week in the roundup is a video demonstration of Intel’s new POS kiosk. The concept is simply amazing although I think shoppers may spend way to long during the checkout process. Our second pick this week is a company named ChaCha that is offering an outstanding mobile coupon service that would be ideal for small retailers. There’s one catch you can’t have an outdated point of sale machine but it may be worth investing in an upgraded POS service with the new upcoming mobile technology. Third on the list this week is an extensive article about direct response through customer care. This has to be the most informative customer service advice I have ever read…don’t miss that one. We then feature an great from the Specialty Retail Expert about ways direct mail can still help small retailers succeed. Ending the roundup this week is the top 10 brand and marketing trends for the upcoming year. I thought this might help some specialty retailers out there…
1. Intel Point-of-Sale Kiosk Skips Sales Personnel But Not Fitting Rooms – The future of Point of Sale is here…checkout what Intel is calling the ultimate customer checkout experience. Personally I think there are way to many choices but it’s still great.
2. ChaCha Unveils Coupon Service – ChaCha is a text and voice based mobile search service that has recently added a coupon services. User can get discount coupons and special offers from their favorite local retailer. They plan to roll this service out across 20 markets over the next year. What a great opportunity to bring in local customers that will be loyal customers.
3. Driving Response Through Customer Care – This is an incredible article about how to make sure your customers are always happy customers. After all isn’t that what makes your business is a happy customer? This article covers simple and extensive things that may not have even crossed your mind. Read this for small retail success!
4. Direct Mail is Not Dead – Many companies have resorted to online marketing only through email, social media, websites, ect. According to this article they are missing out on a great chance to potential customers. The author lists four cost effective ways to make direct mail work for the small retail industry.
5. Top 10 Brand and Marketing Trends for 2010 – This is a great list of 10 trends that are sure to help develop a strategic retail plan over the next year. It’s always smart to know what new an emerging concepts are hitting the market.