Our first featured article in the roundup this week is the debut of a new and innovative all in one point of sale for salons/spas. Our second article focuses on an automated POS program that helped make a public school cafeteria more efficient benefiting everyone involved. As we move onto our third feature this week, it’s a little different. The website was actually discovered while reading another article about Milo.com but the unveiling of this important tool was enough for us to feature even if it didn’t make the small retail news for the week. The fourth article in the roundup is a quick tip on a great promotional method you should be using for your small retail establishment. We saved the best for last this week, the fifth article is advice on how a failing small retail business can bring itself back to the top. The author even includes a bonus video that details the article.
1. New Salon Touch Point-Of-Sale Solution Makes A Splash at American Beauty Show – The introduction of InfoTouch’s new Salon Touch POS made a great impression among business owners. The company listened to what spa and salon owners needed in a point of sale system and they came up with a low cost, feature rich solution.
“Most owners were shocked that we could offer them a complete all-in-one solution to manage their salon or spa for less than $3 a day,”
2. Automated Point-of-sale Program Boosts Efficiency in Summit Schools Cafeterias – An exceptional story on how an automated POS program can increase efficiency. The Summit Public School System is a prime example of how a cafeteria should operate. Student use their ID which is pre-loaded with money by parents using their home computer. The students simply swipe their card at the point of sale, enter their PIN and the cafeteria worker can see the balance of their account.
3. Krillion Network Connects Customers with Local Small Retailers – This company didn’t make retail news this week but it was mentioned in an article about Milo.com now accepting small retailers. The Krillion network launched this week with 100 small retailers and they offer the service of showcasing your business to customers searching for products. This is a great way to get your company recognized by local customers using their home PCs to compare prices and products.
4. Is Promotional Items Effective in Bringing more Customers to Your Business? – Some excellent advice about using promotional items with your small business name to real in new customers and retain existing ones. The article tells you what works best and why plus gives you a link to make your purchase and start promoting.
5. 12 Ways to Save a Doomed Small Business – I was quite impressed when reading this article posted at Service with a Purpose. The author gives an example of a failing liquor store and what the owner could do to improve his small business to keep it alive. Grab your notepad and jot down some ideas while you read about twelve things that could keep your small retail establishment above water.