This weeks roundup starts off with an interesting history lesson on the creation of POS for the small retail industry. The first article is the actual accounts of how one small business owner took his vision and created the very first cash register which essentially was also the first point of sale machine. Our second article is the history of a company that has been in the POS business since 1955, founded in the garage of a smart, inspiring entrepreneur.
The third article in the roundup this week is good news for pharmacies, RxKey and flexTrax Solutions have integrated to form an interface that will improve productivity and customer support to help small town pharmacies compete with big name drug stores.
The fourth article featured this week is an inspiring story from our sponsor, MerchantOS. In the article, Ivan explains how the company has been able to grow without the using selling techniques such as hiring sales people to answer the phone. The company relies solely on their customer service and their dedication to deliver exactly what the customer needs.
Our last article in this weeks roundup is short but good. It’s a free helping hand for small business owners with small retail shops. Check out the review and find out what you could get for free.
1. History of Cash Registers and Point of Sale Systems – Did you know that the first POS appeared in the late 1800’s? Did you know that the merchant who came up with the idea was aboard a ship at the time? Did you know that the first mechanical cash register that recorded transaction was at a saloon? You can find out these interesting facts in this article that describes the history of the point of sale cash register.
2. The History of Order-Matic’s Point of Sale Systems Technology – Order-Matic announced this week that they will be showcasing their latest POS technology at conventions this fall. The company is a leader in the manufacturing of point of sale and restaurant equipment as well as helping minize operating expenses for major corporations such as Taco Bell. The history of the company is an informative read giving the small retailer a background on a company that has excelled in the POS industry.
3. KeyCentrix Inc. Creates Interface Between RxKey® Software and Point Of Sale System – The additional point of sale option, flexTRAX fir KeyCentrix’s RxKey will provide a seamless solution for pharmacies seeking to access patient data and accounts while being able to make the check out process easy for the clerk and the customer. This helps to increase productivity and enhance customer service keeping your business strong and ahead of the competition.
4. How We Sell Our Software – This is absolute proof from a small business retailer that providing the best customer service can grow your business and drive profits. Ivan at the MerchantOS blog describes how the company has been able to grow without the use of “selling” its service. The company focuses on the real needs of its clients and the support they deserve.
5. A Helping Hand for the Small Retailer – This is a review of a total freebie for small retail businesses. A company called Myshopsigns is giving retail businesses the opportunity to obtain free printable signage for their establishments. You have the choice of sale, clearance, open hours, no smoking and many more check them out at Myshopsigns.com.